What Symptoms of Covid-19 Do You Need to Get Tested?01,Jul,2020
Do you have symptoms of coronavirus? Do you know you can request for a free test to diagnose the presence of the virus? Yes, you can with an antigen test! There's also an antibody test that confirms whether you've contracted the virus. But presently, this test is widely unavailable.
Should you need medical help about your symptoms, contact:
- England - NHS 111 online coronavirus service
- Scotland - NHS inform
- Wales - NHS Direct Wales
- Northern Ireland - seek a GP's advice or GP out-of-hours service
Who's qualified for testing?
- You can request to get yourself tested should you be experiencing coronavirus symptoms like high temperature, a new continuous cough, etc
- You can request for someone living with you to get tested for symptoms of coronavirus
Are you considering an antigen test? Contact us.
There's one test for each person with symptoms, and it's available for people living in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and England.
If you live in England and Wales, you can request a test for a child living with you, no matter their age. But in Northern Ireland and Scotland, only children of 5 years and above can be tested.
Should you be requesting an antigen swab test for someone else aged 13 years and above, be sure they're comfortable with your request to get them tested.
What does the test involve?
For the test, a cotton swab will be taken from the back of your throat and inside your nose. Persons aged 12 and above can self-swab or ask for help. Children aged 11 years and below will need their parents or guardian to do the swab test for them.
You can get the test in 2 ways:
- Schedule an appointment at a drive-through or walk-through site
- Request for a home test kit
We provide an antibody test for Covid-19. For home testing, you'll do the test and return the kit in 48 hours. You'll be guided accordingly.
When should you be tested?
Get tested in the first 5 days of showing symptoms
Day since symptoms started
What you can order
Days 1 - 4
Schedule a drive-through or walk-through test at a test site or order a home test kit. Place your order by 3pm on the fourth day so you can take the test within the first 5 days
Schedule a test at a test site. Home testing is not possible again
Day 6 onwards
Getting an antigen test is too late
Requesting for a test
You can request for testing online by telling us:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- How you want to get tested; choose between home testing, a drive-through, or walk-through test site.
Priority test is available on GOV.UK if:
- You're an essential worker, NHS or social care inclusive
- You have a verification code from your employer
- You need testing for your care home staff and residents
Contact the Walk-in Clinic on 020 70968853 for more information. Click here to book an online appointment.
When to Visit a Gynaecologist and What to Expect16 Jun 2020
Guide to Pre-Employment Screening24 May 2020